Our Glendale office is the base for therapists to provide in-home services throughout the San Fernando Valley, Service Area 2. We provide services in Van Nuys, Reseda, North Hollywood, Canoga Park, North Hills, Chatsworth, etc., and have frequent requests for services in the areas of Panorama City, Sylmar, Sun Valley, and Pacoima.
Our Torrance office is the base for therapists to provide in-home services throughout Service Area 8, primarily Long Beach, San Pedro, Wilmington, Carson, Torrance, Gardena, Hawthorne and Inglewood.
- 510,000 children and youth are in the foster care system nationwide.
- 47.9% are determined to have clinically significant emotional or behavior problems.
- 56,138 children are in foster care in California with 13,394 in Los Angeles County.
- Over one third end up homeless or incarcerated during the first two years of living on their own and without the support of a family.
- 56% of youth leaving foster care reported using hard drugs.
- Foster youth experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder at twice the rate of US war veterans.
- More than half of the children in foster care have moderate to severe mental health problems.
- Former foster youth were significantly less likely to go to college.
*Statistics quoted from the Center for Social Services Research, University of California Berkeley, School of Social Welfare.